Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What marriage has done to an ordinary man...

Marriage has changed my life in more ways than one.
11 fundamental ways, actually.

1. I get to sit outside "ladies only" beauty parlors and type blog entries.

2. I actually look out for "payatham", "uLutham", "thovaram", "kadalai" and more such paruppu variants on shopping trips.

3. I walk back home from Big Bazaar with angavashtram-like shopping bills (of course, with my Maggi still there as the "jarigai"...)

4. I maintain an excel sheet of accounts to sigh at, before going to bed every night.

5. I run down from office at literally "beck and call", to the waiting auto with a woman in it, religiously at 6:30 PM everyday.

6. I sit cross-legged and cut cabbages for dinner every alternate night.

7. I sit cross-legged and cut vendaikkaai for dinner every other alternate night.

8. I get to use the words "my wife" and other related big words when i talk to colleagues at work! (this somehow still sounds rather unbelievable to say, though).

9. I actually have floor cleaners, wash basin cleaners, toilet cleaners, toilet frangrants, toilet flush fragrances, window cleaners, face wash, hand wash, disinfectants, and other such unnecessaries, which i hardly even knew existed.

10. I also buy "kadipathaa" and "aadhaa kilo dahi" when i am walking back home from my 20-rupee haircut (at my thalai Royal hair stylists!).

11. I feel occasionally insanely happy about managing to finish a blog entry even as "my wife" is spending a meagre 350 bucks "trimming" her hair.

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha... ROFL...!
but am sure, wit deep, i'd have to spend more in front of 'ladies only' beauty parlors than u do, wit dippi.. [:D] [:)]
jus a pheeling.. :D

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*spend more time i meant!
:)

8:50 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I walk back home from Big Bazaar with angavashtram-like shopping bills (of course, with my Maggi still there as the "jarigai"...)
--- Kadalai paruppu - 2 kilo + 2 kilo.... Kameshwara...nadathu daa!!!

I get to use the words "my wife" and other related big words when i talk to colleagues at work! (this somehow still sounds rather unbelievable to say, though).
---- Kindeed.

One of the better blog entries in the last 2 yrs.
Amen.

12:10 AM  
Blogger Navneeth Sundar said...

onnum onnum padhinonnu da! hahaha

9:58 AM  
Blogger emlric eroth said...

haha! this is one of the more endearing and observational entries i've read!! sweet work!!

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol !
so inikki enna cut panna - vendeika or cabbage ?

some dutiful, responsible husband eh!?!

7:11 AM  
Blogger Girish said...

@Navneeth: suthamaa puriyala da.

@dipika: thanks for reading and taking the time off to scribble a comment!

@Jan: Inniku mixed vegetable koottu, so a bit of everything :D

5:13 PM  
Blogger N said...

this is cute! :)

9:09 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

@Girish,
K2U for showing your geelaness. responding to all female comments.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Girish said...

@J:
edhaanum sonnaa respond pannalaam da..

what shud i have said to you?

"@J: Thanks", eh?

K max guy!!

11:25 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:56 PM  
Blogger Navneeth Sundar said...

You are not alone anymore and it has impacted u in 11 ways, adhaan da sonnen.

2:19 AM  
Blogger Navneeth Sundar said...

@J - Paavi naan female illa da :)

2:26 AM  
Blogger Navneeth Sundar said...

@ murr -
<< ha ha... ROFL...!
but am sure, wit deep, i'd have to spend more in front of 'ladies only' beauty parlors than u do, wit dippi.. [:D] [:)]
jus a pheeling.. :D >>

Nee orkut addict nu theriyardhu da!

2:28 AM  
Blogger Girish said...

onnum onnum padhinonnu apdingara statement-la IVVLO aazhamaana arthamaaa!!

my god!

2:30 AM  
Blogger Arun Sundar said...

Good one...And I understand how promising married life looks :)

But I pity somebody who eats cabbage and vendakkaa alternatively.

(Being somebody who eats MTR puliyodharai daily shouldn't actually say this..but still...!)

12:58 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

16 comments should spur you on to your next blog entry

2:19 AM  
Blogger sj1024 said...

Try Quicken, better than Excel

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home